Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Transmog Where Art Thou


One of the "fun"* things I've been doing is trying to gather up a nice set of transmog gear for my rogue.  The gear pieces I want all drop from level 70 dungeons.  Unfortunately, they all mostly only drop from heroic versions of those dungeons, which means you get to make one attempt per day.

I've been working on this for about two weeks now - which I suppose in the grand scheme of things, isn't two bad.  And a few days I got really quite lucky, and got several drops in one day.  So I'm now at the point where I lack exactly one piece - the head piece.  And of course, the boss that drops the head piece is the last boss of Black Morass - which as you may or may not know, is one of the few metered dungeons where you absolutely have to do everything to actually even get to the last boss.  So a minimum of 12 to 15 minutes per run.

After over 15 days of killing this boss, and seeing every other single piece of gear in his loot table drop multiple times, I began to worry that perhaps the table had been changed and he didn't drop it anymore.  So I went over to wowhead to check out the info, and was greeted with hysterical commiseration comments like this:
To all level 90 rogues hoping to get the bloodfang recolor:
This will be the most painful 12-15minutes of your life x how ever many times you have to run it till it drops.
Currently i've invested 18 runs and about 190+ minutes into this dungeon and still have been unfortunate enough not to get it.
Good Luck!
Confirmed drop after 37 runs...... ffs fix the drop rate.

And this:
how is it all the drops have the same % rate but the one item (this one) seems to never drop ... i'm on my 20th run and still this hasn't dropped. i can get those handgrips of assassination just about every time though. 
Ah well. It's good to know it's not just me.  I will of course inundate you with screenshots once I get the full set.  The cowl really does make the set, so I'm not putting any of the other pieces on until it drops.

So.. drop.. already.. >.<

* Fun is in quotes because while I do actually enjoy going out and finding cool looking gear, running this one instance is getting on my last nerve! 


No comments:

Post a Comment