Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Unholy Alliance & Wookie Mistake Gaming Guilds are all in for Extra Life - Check it out!

One of the very cool grass roots movements that's  taken hold over the past few years, and really grown, is the Extra Life movement.  If you're a gamer at all,  you already know what Extra Life is, but in the odd case that you don't, essentially on a certain day gamers from around the globe promise to play games for 24 hours to raise money and awareness for children's hospitals. It's a fantastic effort that raises thousands of dollars for children's illness and hospitals.  If you'd like to learn more about Extra Life, and maybe participate yourself, please check out their website here.

Sadly, my schedule is such that I rarely can afford to spend an actual 24 hours myself participating, but I try to assist in some way by sponsoring and promoting those that do, however I can. And as you may or may not have noticed, while my blog doesn't get nearly the attention it should from me, I am pretty active on teh social medias - especially twitter.  As a result, I've had an opportunity to form friendships and relationships with incredibly cool folks and organizations that participate in a wide variety of gaming.  And especially of late, that has mostly been centered in and around Star Wars the Old Republic.  One of those folks I've had the pleasure of becoming acquainted with is Stardust Legacy, (follow her on twitter at @UnholyAlliances), and her SWTOR guild & gaming group Unholy Alliance.

And Unholy Alliance is going ALL IN for Extra Life Day. Multiple marathoners, tons of events, all in all it sounds like a heckuva great time, and of course, all for a great cause. So while I personally won't be able to participate in Extra Life day, I will definitely be watching (and sponsoring!) some of the fine folks over there, and I absolutely encourage you to do the same.   Here's the scoop!



You can check out the information directly at their website they've set up for the event here. Please give it a link, and come game with the fine folks at Unholy Alliance on Extra Life day this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment